Directions To Ensure Adhesive Strength:
To Cut Memory Mural: (if you purchased an uncut Mural)
1. Use a self healing mat and xacto knife (see my Amazon link on www.twobytwoart.com). You can also use sharp precision scissors. Carefully cut Memory Mural away from you while holding on to the Mural with the other hand so as to secure and not crease the coating. Watch my you tube video at: .
For All Memory Murals:
1. Make sure surface is clean, smooth, dry, and has low humidity or heat. Great surfaces are: finished cabinets, doors, walls which have a smooth texture (not orange peel or knock down) , most appliances, and any other generally smooth surface.
2. If using the Memory Murals add verse using the recommended marker. Wet erase and Dry erase work well.
3. Carefully peel the paper backing away from the mural.
3. Apply to desired surface with your clean dry hands. Make sure the edges are tight on the surface.
1. If the surface is a rougher texture (like knockdown plaster), use some of the repositionable glue on both the surface of the wall and the canvas, and let both stand for 3 minutes before applying. The grip should now be stickier. You can also use glue dots. (keep in mind that this may damage your paint)
2. If the canvas piece has been removed over and over and the adhesive dirty and is not sticking any more, simply apply repositionable adhesive.
1. Only use dry erase or wet erase markers.
2. Write memory verse down on a flat surface while the backing is still on the mural. To erase, simply use a soft slightly damp cloth and wipe. Let dry and re-apply.
3. If wall behind mural is smooth, it is perfectly fine to wipe clean and write a new verse without removing the mural from the wall. If it is textured, cleaning and writing will affect the safety of the mural. Simply remove from the surface lay it on the backing or wax paper on a smooth surface to clean and write on.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is a Repositionable?
Repositionables™ are high-quality, removable canvas reproductions of original, artwork painted exclusively by Artist Heidi Danielle Bashoor.
How long will it stick?
Repositionables will stick for years if:
• the surface is clean, smooth and has low humidity or heat
• the edges are tight on the surface
Can the adhesive be re applied?
Yes, just apply with the repositionable glue stick recommended by www.twobytwoart.com (available on website on my products page.)
How is it protected?
Repositionables are given 2 coats of protectant to guard it from fingerprints, sunlight, and dirt. As with all artwork, they will shows signs of aging if exposed to sunlight and other elements, so it’s best to keep them clean and away from windows.
Can I clean this artwork?
Yes, just gently wipe with a soft, slightly damp sponge (as you would with other artwork). Be careful not to bend or crease the mural.
Will it leave marks on my wall?
The paint will be unaffected. Repositionables are recommended for those wallpapers you can be cleaned with a sponge.
Can they be applied permanently?
Yes. If you don’t want them to be removed, use your own quality wallpaper paste and apply to the back. You can also use a tacky spray adhesive.
Can I let my children play with them?
Yes, but they should not put them in their mouths. The adhesive is nontoxic,
but the inks and varnishes are not safe for consumption. Older children especially will enjoy using them in their imaginative play. The canvas pieces are quite durable not easily torn, so they are not easily torn. If the canvas pieces should become creased, the repositionable adhesive will need to be re-applied more often.